Thursday, February 21, 2008

Not-so-extreme Home Makeover

On Wednesday my sister-in-law, Michelle, called me and wanted to go to my Mom's and organize her playroom while she was gone to Arizona. So, we went over and moved everything out of the playroom so she could eventually put a bed in there for guests. Then the thought occurred to us that she had been saying for weeks how she wants to paint and redo these two guest rooms downstairs. And we thought, well we might as well do it while she's gone and suprise her! We cooked up this idea to come over when our kids were asleep and we could hurry and do it really quick, we thought. So, we went over at 9:30, recruited the help of our friend Morgan and got started. It took us until 6am! Plus, we went back after a few hours of sleep and finished. But, oh my heck it was fun! I think girls all nighters should happen way more often for everyone. We laughed and chatted and painted some, but mostly laughed and chatted all night! We got sillier the later it got! We had such a great time and now we get to suprise my Mom! She is going to flip out!
(Left) This room had blue and dusty rose wall paper with sheep on it or something. It was bad! I defintely should've taken a before pictue to give you the full effect, but those who have seen it will appreciate the difference.
(right) This room had shiny striped, prink wall paper with roses. We actually just painted over it and the sheen of the stripes show through and it looks kinda cool!

2 Stalkers Showing Their Love:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to take pics of your mom when she walks in those rooms. The rooms look great. I really like the red wall with the stripes. We did something similar to my parents room. It was fun. Hope you're doing well.
Pam

Kim said...

Holy Crap! What a difference. I wish I could have been there. I can only imagine what kind of craziness went on that night. I call dibs on the red room for Christmas this year.