Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Recipe Search

I am in serious need of a bunch of new recipes. I love trying new ones at least once and if they're good they go in my rotation. I am in a total menu rut. So, I would love to get a new recipe from all you guys! I did come across this one and it is good, so I thought I would share the love.

Broccoli Chicken Lasagna
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms (I left that out)
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 c butter or margarine
1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
1-3/4 c milk
2/3 c grated parmesan cheese
1 package (16 oz.) frozen broccoli thawed(I used steamed fresh)
9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
1-1/3 c julienned full coked ham, divided
2 c shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
2 c cubed chicken
Saute onion and mushrooms in butter, until tender. Stir in flour, salt pepper and nutmeg utnil blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 min. or until thickened. Stir in parmesan cheese and broccoli.
Spread 1/2 c broccoli mixture in a greased 13x9 pan. Layer with three noodles, a third of remaining broccoli mixture, 1 c. ham and 1 c. mont. jack cheese. Top with three noodles, a third of the broccoli mixture,all of the chicken, and 1/2 c. mont.jack cheese. Top with remaining noodles, broccoli mixture and ham.
Cover and bake at 350 for 45-50 min. or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 min. longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 min. before cutting. Makes 12 servings.

This is really yummy. We've made it three times since we discovered it. So, bring on the recipes and enjoy!



0 Stalkers Showing Their Love: