While we were in AZ, we made homemade "Cafe Rio". Oh it is sooo good! So, I thought I would share the recipes.....that I got off someone else's blog! We buy the uncooked tortillas at costco. You can do the burrito style or the salad is what we do b/c the dressing is oh so yummy!
Cafe Rio Shredded Pork
3 1/2lb. Pork roast
1 8oz. Bottle taco sauce or enchilada sauce
1 T cumin
1 can coke (not diet)
1 c. b sugar
Cook pork in crock pot on low for six hours (cover roast 1/2 with water). Add other ingredients to pork three hours before it’s done.
Cafe Rio Chicken
5 lbs. of chicken breast
1 small bottle Zesty Italian dressing
1 T chili powder
1 T cumin
3 cloves garlic, minced
Mix all ingredients together in a large crock pot. Cook on high for 5-7hurs. Remove chicken and shred. Reserve small amount of juice and pour over shredded chicken. Keep warm.
Tomatillo dressing
1 pkg. Hidden valley buttermilk dressing
1 c buttermilk
1/2c to 1 c mayo
1-2 tomatillos (green tomatoes)
1/2to 1 clove garlic, minced
1/2to 1/3bunch cilantro chopped
1/2tsp lime juice
1/2to 1 small jalapeno seed removed and chopped
Mix ingredients together. Add (only use 1/2mayo to start, then add more after you taste it if needed)
Lime Rice
2 T butter
1 yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 2/3c. Water
8 tsp chicken bouillon
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
2 tsp cumin
2 small cans diced green chilies
1 T lime juice
1/2tsp pepper
3 c rice (maybe 1/2c more) NOT INSTANT
In a large pot, saute butter, onion and garlic.
Add other ingredients and bring to boil. Simmer until rice is cooked.
Pottery Barn Deals: Save Up to 60% on Home Finds
5 hours ago



5 Stalkers Showing Their Love:
We have way too much in common! We love the same shows (love that So you think that you can dance is coming back on) and I love that you posted the recipe to my favorite place to eat! You are the best!!! Thanks!
Hey Karisti,
Robyn told me about your blogg and I came to see it. You are impressive who knew you were a regular Martha Stewart? Hey does Jana Sheets (don't remember her married name) have a blogg. I will visit yours often now that I am an official blogger (thanks to my sister).
just wrote that one down and i think we will try it tomorrow as i am on my way out the door to harmons to grocery shop--thanks!!
Hey Trisha- Glad you found us! No- Jana hasn't joined the blogging community--YET! I'll get her though! I'll be checking yours out as well!
Yummo is right! Morgan and I are obsessed with Cafe Rio salads, we could eat it everyday. We are totally making this this weekend while she is here. Thanks for the recipe.
Post a Comment